Welsh Government Tests
From Year 2 to Year 6, pupils undertake personalised assessments as part of the Welsh Government National Testing programme. Numeracy (Procedural), Numeracy (Reasoning) and Reading personalised assessments are available throughout the year for schools to use to support learners to make progress.
After learners have completed these assessments, staff then have access to feedback on learners’ skills and progress to help plan teaching and learning.
Staff consider the most appropriate timing and methods for sharing information on learners’ reading and numeracy skills, including the feedback from personalised assessments.
- Personalised assessments are adaptive, meaning that questions are selected based on the responses to previous questions. This provides a tailored assessment experience for each learner and will help all learners develop their skills through understanding what they can do, the things they need to work on, and their next steps.
- The assessments provide us with information on the skills of individual learners and whole classes.
- There is no set time of year or ‘assessment window’ for personalised assessments; timing is at the discretion of the school.
- Learners can take the personalised assessments in small or large groups.
- Learners are required to take the assessment once during the academic year. With the option to use the assessment once more during the academic year.